Monday, July 03, 2006

Sickness = Suck

After my ‘New Beginning’ update I spent almost two weeks doing various things that resulted in me not writing, save for after World Cup games. It was a nice and needed break. Then, after finally deciding I had taken enough quiet time to be content, I started writing an entry only to end it less than 50 words later to run off for what was to be the first of a long sequence of trips to the washroom. I’ll spare everyone the details, but I can confidently say it’s the sickest I have ever felt and the hellishness of those few days didn’t lend well to journaling my thoughts. I’m fairly sure that it wasn’t malaria, though, as I recovered without using anti-malarials and didn’t have the trademark chills (however, I did have the trademark “I just want to die” feeling...). I guess that will teach me for getting careless about what street meat I eat!

In a brilliant proof of Murphy’s Law, my puking in open sewers was closely followed by my cellphone dieing on the night of June 30th. For the past few days I hadn’t been able to get it charged and working again, so if anybody called or text-messaged me, particularly on Canada Day, I didn’t get anything. Sorry!

1 Comments:

At 4:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats what you get for eating all of those skittles ;]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home